Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Young Boy Uses His Make-A-Wish Grant to Selflessly Feed His Community

Lucas Hobbs decided to perform an amazingly selfless deed when it came time for him to utilize his Make-A-Wish grant. Rather than using this opportunity for his own benefit, the 12-year-old created the CheflucasFood program to bring food to his community. “When I was sick, people brought me food from our church, and it was really nice of them,” Lucas told CBS Minnesota. “It kinda got me thinking about my Make-A-Wish, so I asked my parents if I could use my wish to help others.”
When the young boy was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, he was hospitalized for chemotherapy treatments and was unable to maintain his appetite. During this time, Lucas watched the movie Chef – about a father-son duo who operated a food truck – and decided that he wanted to start his own food truck to provide food to his sympathetic community. That's when Make-A-Wish partnered with the Minnesota Food Truck Association to make Lucas's charitable wish come true.
So far, Lucas has planned to give free food to five different local groups: a homeless shelter, senior center, the Minneapolis Police Department, a church, and a children's hospital. To add to this uplifting news, Lucas has also finished chemotherapy and is regaining both his strength and his appetite.
To support this incredible young boy as he moves forward with his goodwill, you can follow him on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment