Monday, May 20, 2013

Amazing Shades of Red Form Stunning Monochromatic Landscapes



London-based artist Sea Hyun Lee created a series of oil paintings using just one single color. The series, entitled Between Red, features detailed, mountainous landscapes in which shades of red form the composition of North and South Korea mountains blended into one composition. Between the hills and peaks, a white canvas peeks through to produce the shapes in between.
From a distance, the oil paintings seem like big red blobs across the canvas. But, upon closer inspection, the subtle details of the landscape reveal themselves to the viewer. As we fill in the gaps between red and white, the project statement explains, "Lee’s paintings inhabit a curious space between wholeness and fragmentation. In this way they reveal both the disruptions and inconsistencies that mar our sense of reality, as well as the totality we evoke in order to keep that disorder at bay."



5 comments:

  1. I am no longer sure where you're getting your info, however great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I used to be looking for this information for my mission.

    my web blog jaluzele rulouri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every ωeеkend і used to pay a quіcκ viѕit thіѕ wеb site, because i want enjoyment, since thіs this
    website conations truly nice funny matегial tοo.


    Loοk at my page - site promovare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I coulԁ not reѕiѕt cοmmentіng.
    Exceptionally well written!

    Also visit mу webpagе ... promovare site google

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not resist commenting. Exсeptiοnallу wеll written!


    Also vіsіt my web ѕіte: promovare site google

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a spam problem οn thіs website;
    I аlѕo am a blogger, and I wаs wanting to know yоur situatiοn;
    many οf us hаve developed sοme nicе procedureѕ аnd we аrе looκing tο trade stгategies with other folks,
    ωhy not shoot me an emаіl if interesteԁ.



    Alsο νisit my webpagе promovare site web

    ReplyDelete